Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Anyone fishing an OS385?

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
bluwtrman
Home Port: Southport, NC
Vessel Info: 2015 OS 385 "OPTION SEA"

Anyone fishing an OS385?

Postby bluwtrman » Thu May 30, 2019 9:33 am

So I've taken the plunge and bought a 385. It's a fantastic boat so far but the previous owner only cruised it. I'm in the process of setting it up to fish, and looking for any tips or suggestions. One issue I've noticed is the lack of rod holders. There are 2 on each hardtop leg and 2 in each gunnel that are fine for the trolling I plan to do. There are also several lined up across the stern, but I don't see putting rods there when I'm fishing as they would be in the way. My last boat had 6 across the back of the hard top, but this one is too high up to reach. I usually take 6-8 rods in addition to my trolling rods. They're set up with plugs/jigs and chunk hooks for whenever the opportunity arises on the troll. Keeping them ready but but of the way looks to be a challenge on this boat.

LightsOut355
Vessel Info: 2016 355 offshore

Anyone fishing an OS385?

Postby LightsOut355 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:22 pm

The 385 is a good fishing boat, I’ve seen a few rigged with a pedestal rocket launcher in the center of the cockpit, it’s large enough to fit a 6 rod launcher. We are considering putting a 4 rod launcher on our 355 as we have a similar problem with a lack of rod holders.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”