Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3000 Express water in trough behind and under head and galley sinks

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
ropes

Postby ropes » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Whenever it rains heavily I get water coming in somewhere into the small trough behind the two sinks on the port side. I think its coming from the main side window screw holes behind the little rubber strip. I tested the port windows with a hose and then the main port side window and that's where a trickle came in. Is that trough supposed to drain somewhere? There are two access spots ,one in the engine room and one under the head sink. It would be nice if this water could drain out somewhere like into the bilge . When it rains hard the water comes into the galley and soaks the carpet below the sink. Any ideas? Can I drill out a drain port that could drain this water into the bilge if it happens again? Anybody experience this issue?

bobbruce
Vessel Info: 1999 3000 express

Postby bobbruce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:03 pm

I had to re seal the port and starboard portholes as well as the main and two small hatches. Some of their caulking jobs looked like they leaked from day one. As far as draining to bilge ,i dont believe it does nor designed to.
These users thanked the author bobbruce for the post:
DiverDux (Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:02 pm)

bobbruce
Vessel Info: 1999 3000 express

Postby bobbruce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:06 pm

Also check the engine compartment ventilation box, when it rains it sometimes because of poor caulk will leak to engine compartment then foreward to cabin. Clean and re caulk as well
These users thanked the author bobbruce for the post:
DiverDux (Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:02 pm)

Topic author
ropes

Postby ropes » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 am

Thanks will do that before the downpour forecasted for tomorrow.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm

It is common for the windshield frame to leak in these boats. When I first got mine in 03 I pulled the rubber strip off and took out each screw one at a time and bedded it down in silicone. I also applied a small bead of silicone at the base of the frame where it meets the fiberglass all the way around the outside. Even though the frame is mounted on a gasket it was still leaking, That stopped it.
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
DiverDux (Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm)

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”