Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

My first voyage

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
txj33p

My first voyage

Postby txj33p » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I have been working on the 2550 I bought a couple of weeks ago and finally got her into the water today. Was going to try yesterday but the wind was up too high for my comfort level for a first trip. I got her all ready and then waited until this morning. Of course this morning I decided to change out the oil in the lower unit on one of the outboards. I drained it out and got ready to put the pump hose fitting on the unit when I discovered I didnt have the adapter for it to fit the Yamaha units. Another quick trip to W Marine and I finished up in good time. Trailered her over to Lake Charlevoix and by the time I got there it was blowing a steady 20+ mph up the ramp. Had to put some gas in her and of course we are now well over $4/gal. Backed her down the ramp and she floated right off the trailer like I knew what I was doing. Got the engines started and idling, again just like it was supposed to. Backed away from the ramp and took off upwind and up the lake towards Lake Michigan. I got kind of rough with waves around 3 feet and the wind was really pushing things around. Went as far as the inlet to the big lake and decided maybe next trip. Motored back to the marina and of course somebody had poached my slip ( city marina). Kind of tricky getting into the slip with a stiff cross wind but made it without having to replace either fiiberglass or deck boards. No sooner got tied up when the poacher came and got their boat. So untied and tried another crosswind docking. Smoother this time and snugged her down.

This was my first time on my own in the boat. It is also bigger than my last boats by about 7+ feet loa and much beamier. The twin outboards was also a first for me. I found a sheltered bay and practiced turning using just the engine controls and and backing up. I have to say how impressed I was with the boat. I was a dry ride and it just handled the water beautifully. A little challenging at the dock and definitley sobering at the gas pump. I told the girl at the register it was too bad they didnt give green stamps, but she was too young to appreciate the point. Someday when I hit the lotto I will actually fill the tank. I am thinking that this one might be a keeper.
These users thanked the author txj33p for the post (total 2):
tony2 (Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm) • Woodworker2001 (Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 pm)

tony2
Vessel Info: 325os 2019

My first voyage

Postby tony2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm about to follow in your footsteps and enjoyed your post about yours Thanks t

Woodworker2001

My first voyage

Postby Woodworker2001 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Congrats. It only gets better from here

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”