Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2670 Denali LS questions

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
lbjmac

2670 Denali LS questions

Postby lbjmac » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm new to this site but have found it to be quite helpful. It appears Pursuit owners are very passionate about their boats which is great news for a potential owner!

I'm currently in the market to purchase a 2670 - but curious to know a couple of things. I searched some of the existing topics (this forum and others) on this boat and so far nothing alarming has jumped out at me, mostly positive feedback. I'm hoping to do some fishing on this boat (west coast), but also looking for something more comfortable than a pure fishing rig.

Does anyone have any insight on the following questions?

- What were the years of production and why did they stop making this model? Was it replaced by another model? As far as I can tell it looks like this model was produced between 2002 - 2006.

- Are there any known issues I should be aware of when looking at used 2670s? I'm aware of the potential corrosion issue with Yamaha outboards.

Any other feedback on this model is much appreciated. Thanks!

fcj

2670 Denali LS questions

Postby fcj » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:35 am

LBJ - I am the original owner of a 2004 Denali 2670 and do quite a bit of fishing primarily out of Stuart, Fl. shoot me an email at fjones7916 at aol. I can share a lot of positive info on getting the boat rigged as a very comfortable and workable offshore fishing rig.
These users thanked the author fcj for the post:
YOLO (Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 am)

Idi_Amin

2670 Denali LS questions

Postby Idi_Amin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't mean to derail your thread but I had a question or two that relates to the original info request by the original poster:

What are the major differences that separate the Pursuit Denali from the Offshore and previous Walkaround models? Is the Denali more of a luxury/cruising model?

Thanks guys and good luck with your boating searches!!!

Hcugno
Vessel Info: 1997 Pursuit Denali 2860 with 7.4L Volvo Penta I/O

2670 Denali LS questions

Postby Hcugno » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:30 pm

I just purchased a 1997 Denali 2860. I had options to purchase later models of the same type but decided to go with the 1997 because of the layout. The 1997 model has a fish box in the I/O engine cover and a removable stern seat across the transom which also has a fish box under the seat. The 1998 model does not have a fish box in the engine cover and the stern seat is fixed on the transom with no fish box underneath. So, the 1997 model has a lot more storage and a lot more flexibility. I will remove the transom seat when diving and fishing from the boat which increases the amount of space on deck tremendously. I will leave the transom seat in when cruising with friends for added comfortable seating. SCUBA tank racks fit on the transom between the removable transom seat and the transom. They are the fold down kind so the flexibility of this layout suits my needs perfectly. It helped that the Denali I purchased was in excellent condition and the 7.4L Volvo Penta was also in excellent condition with low hours.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”