Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Anchors for Denali

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
Hcugno
Vessel Info: 1997 Pursuit Denali 2860 with 7.4L Volvo Penta I/O

Anchors for Denali

Postby Hcugno » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:06 pm

I have a 1997 Denali 2860. It has a bow pulpit with anchor roller and windlass with associated hardware. It came with a small danforth anchor. The manual says it is designed for a danforth anchor but I cannot get a 12# or 13# danforth to lay down properly on the pulpit/deck. It does not fit through the roller assembly. Should I try another style anchor and, if so, what kind?

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Anchors for Denali

Postby MarkT » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 pm

I have a 99 30 Pursuit. It came with a 16lb (I think) Lewmar Delta style anchor, and 10 ft of chain. A few years ago I removed all but a couple of feet of chain. At the same time I tried out another style anchor and it did not work out. I went back and purchased a 22lb Delta anchor and it is great. I was going to buy a stainless one but the price put me off. All Pursuits that I have seen come with this style anchor. It fits right into the roller handsets very well with the angled shank. I also used a stainless shackle with a flush pin. Another good thing, it does not stick out past the sides of the pulpit.

MarkT

Anchors for Denali

Postby MarkT » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 am

That should read : and sets very well with the angled shank!

Topic author
Hcugno

Anchors for Denali

Postby Hcugno » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks folks. I've tracked down a Delta from a friend. Will try it out. Assuming it will lay flat on the bow pulpit as the danforths I tried all stuck up in the air.

Topic author
Hcugno

Anchors for Denali

Postby Hcugno » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 pm

I tried the delta anchor and it still sticks up at about a 45 degree angle just like the danforth I tried. I assumed the correct anchor would lay flat on the pulpit deck. Is my assumption incorrect? It seems the correct setup should lay flat and not stick up.

MarkT

Anchors for Denali

Postby MarkT » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Did the Delta anchor look like the one in this link? Was it an actual Delta anchor?
http://www.lewmar.com/node/11595

Topic author
Hcugno

Anchors for Denali

Postby Hcugno » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes. The space between the roller and the front of the opening the anchor and anchor line go through does not appear to be large enough for the anchor to go through and lie flat on the bow pulpit so the arm of the anchor sticks up. The Lewmar Delta anchor I tried weighs 16 pounds which is what the rating chart says I need for a 2860. The same thing happens with a 14 pound Danforth so I'm at a loss unless that's what they're supposed to do which doesn't seem right to me.

MarkT

Anchors for Denali

Postby MarkT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I am at a loss also. I am attaching a picture of my setup from underneath. You can see there is enough space in front of the roller for the shank to get up tight and lay down. Is there an adjustment on yours? Can you attach a picture?
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
Hcugno (Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 pm)

Topic author
Hcugno

Anchors for Denali

Postby Hcugno » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Mark, I don't see a picture attached. My boat is indoors at a shop - can't get a photo to send you right now. It does not have an adjustment. There is only one spot the roller can go through. I suppose I could drill two other holes and make the adjustment but it seems strange that I would have to in order to make an anchor lie down. I'll try to take a photo and send it to you. In the mean time, maybe you can attach the photo you were referring to?

MarkT

Anchors for Denali

Postby MarkT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:25 pm

It will not let me attach. It says error quota has been reached.. If you want you can give me your e-mail?

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”