Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New engines

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

New engines

Postby MarkT » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 pm

With my wife retiring next summer, we are going to take shot at doing at least a part of the great Loop trip. Hudson River, Erie Canal and the Great Lakes. I am looking into replacing the 4BTA 250 hp Cummins diesels in our boat. The engines have less than 600 hours on them right now, but are almost 20 years old. I have had no issues bur want to go with new engines on this trip if we can. I am putting out feelers to see if anyone would be interested in them. It is not a sure that we will re-power, but I am looking at it seriously. Part of the trip will require a week or so of only idle speed. I believe a common rail diesel will stand up better to long periods of idle than the older engines.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
YOLO (Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 am)

Topic author
MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

New engines

Postby MarkT » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Engine shots
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Return to “The Project Center”