Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Windshield Replacement for Pursuit 2470 CC ?

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
cmaccormac
Home Port: Southport, ME
Vessel Info: 2003 Pursuit 2470 CC

Postby cmaccormac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 am

Hello Folks, I have a 2003 Pursuit 2470 CC that has been a great boat. My only problem with it is that the plexiglass (or lexan?) windshield has become difficult to see through, particularly when heading into the sun or when there is lots of glare. I think this condition is called "crazing".

From what I've read online, there does not appear to be a way to reverse this damage, which apparently occurs over time due to exposure to sun, etc., so as this point I'd like to replace the windshield all together. Unfortunately Pursuit does not stock them anymore and they also cannot provide me with the specifications for this windshield.

I'd like to get a new windshield during this off season and install it in the Spring. My boat is shrink wrapped and put away for the winter, 5 hours away from where I live, so getting the windshield measurements myself will be very difficult for the next few months. I've been looking around online and making some calls to various marine windshield manufacturers (eg UPD Plastics), but in order to be sure I get the right windshield, I need good specs.

Does anyone know of a marine windshield dealer/manufacturer who would have the specs, or would stock new windshields for this boat? Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks, and happy boating!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:19 am

Try this company: http://pompanettellc.com/american-marine/

I had a link to American Marine that now does not work. Looks like they were taken over by Pompanette. About10 years ago I needed seals for my Pursuit and they had made the windshield. I believe when I called they had all the specs.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
cmaccormac (Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:06 am)

Topic author
cmaccormac
Home Port: Southport, ME
Vessel Info: 2003 Pursuit 2470 CC

Postby cmaccormac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 am

Thanks MarkT - I'll give Pompanette a try!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”